8.19.2009

Excitement in the works


Some exciting things seem to be happening for the Coobster these days. Things have really taken off quickly with the recent listing of some of the new recycled skateboard items on Etsy. Selling three rings in one week made me realize that it's probably time to think about investing in a drill press so that I can make them faster. Since, at the moment crafting each ring takes a few hours. Whew! Luckily, Vermont tax free day is this weekend.

This past weekend the consultant and I were in a local Vermont shop that sells mostly clothing and accessories. Looking into the case I casually asked if they ever worked with local artists/designers. He said that they do, and love to do it. He told me that if I know of anyone to send them over! I told him a little about what I do, and the consultant proudly beamed showing off one of the pieces she was wearing. He loved the idea of recycled skateboard items, gave me a card, and encouraged me to set up an appointment to meet with the shop manager. I was stoked! I know very little about working with retailers to negotiate terms, etc. So, I'll have to do some research. If anyone has any tips or resources, feel free to send them my way.

I was also contacted this week about being a founder of a Vermont artist coop/shop. I hope there's enough interest to get things started.

I'm still working on some new stuff too, so keep your eyes out! That's it for now.

-Coob

No comments:

Post a Comment